Dentalerosion, also known as acid erosion, can be an issue for the teeth. Itgenerally happens when the enamel surface of the teeth wears away due to theacid present in our food and drinks. As a result, the tooth surface depletesgradually, making it sensitive and also the enamel surface can feel rough andworn.
Weconsume different food items that are highly acidic. Stomach acid is also aleading cause of this issue. Though you cannot regrow your damaged toothenamel, you can follow some preventive measures. These will help to stop theproblem from affecting your teeth.
Below,you can find some reasons that can cause dental erosion:
· Too much consumption of acidic foods, like fruit,lemon/vinegar and fizzy drinks
· Chronic acid reflux
· The inconsistent flow of saliva, which is a common problemfor diabetic patients causing dry mouth syndrome.
· Genetic disorders that affect tooth development
· Exposure of the teeth to digestive acid caused by adisruptive stomach system
Thesigns of acidic erosions on your teeth can be prominent if the teeth feel roughor chipped. The enamel covering the teeth wears out and this can result insensitivity too. It also exposes the underlying dentine, making the teeth lookyellowish. It can cause fillings to fall out if too much wear happens.
Enamelcannot repair itself. So, when you observe dental erosion, it is necessary togo to a reputable dentist. They are experienced personnel who can fix thisissue quite easily.
Theycan determine the damage and suggest you some useful treatments, which arediscussed in detail below.
· Most dentists choose dental bonding. It is an effectivetreatment that can prevent the discolouration of your teeth due to acidicerosion. The dentist applies resin to the stained and damaged teeth. Thematerial matches the colour of the tooth and has protective properties. Afterapplying this the teeth are protected.
· If you visit the dentist with severely damaged teeth, theywill provide a different treatment. They may add a Veneer or Crown if too muchtooth structure has been lost.
Ourdentists are highly qualified for this job and can provide great advice to cureyour problem. Contact us today to know more.
Great practice and great service I would highly recommend.
Caring professional dental staff. Have been visiting for many years with my husband and children and since previous dentist retired. Feel Confident for my grandchildren to now attend.
I have been going to corner house for many years. A wonderful environment, and wonderful people. Everyone is so kind and warm.
Its difficult to say you "enjoy" going to the dentist but my faith in Neeta Patel is total! Very gentle, explains what has to be done
Have been going here for over 20 years. All staff are lovely and friendly
I am a patient of this practice for many years and I am very satisfied because both doctors are very professional, committed and I feel I can trust them. I would not hesitate to recommend them highly.
Very pleased with the treatment I received Thanks - Scott
Good dentist and know what they are doing
Brilliant...best experience ever.
Always a pleasure to visit you all and the care is always first class